Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mantle World Owner Interview - raidersfan

Welcome to the fourth installment of our ongoing series of "Meet Your Fellow Owner" interviews of Mantle World owners.  Today we chat with another of our original Mantle owners, raidersfan, the long-time owner of the Minnesota Mighty Men / Cincinnati Mini Men.  As the Mighty Men, they won the season 19 World Series championship as the six-seed wild card team, knocking off both the two-seed New Britain.Blood Brothers and one-seed New York Apples to win the NL championship, before defeating the AL champs Baltimore Blast in seven games to take home the trophy.  Let's find out a little bit about raidersfan.

Tec: Tell us a little about yourself.

Raidersfan: I am a 29 yr old financial advisor originally from Buffalo, NY now living in NYC with my wife and puppy. I am a lifelong NY Mets, LA Lakers, Oakland Raiders and Buffalo Sabres Fan. Never lived on the West Coast despite the teams. Oakland goes back to something many from my generation will remember, Bo Jackson & Marcus Allen tearing stuff up in the original Techmo Super Bowl for Nintendo!.

Tec: Outside of Hardball Dynasty, what are some of your other interests and hobbies?

Raidersfan: I was a Division I sprinter in college and am still an active runner, although not nearly at the level I was in my running prime. I also love collecting sports trading cards, primarily Baseball & Hockey. I also enjoy golfing when time will allow.

Tec: Did you play any sports growing up?

Raidersfan: Too too many, in High School I played Hockey, Baseball, Football, ran Indoor & Outdoor track, bowled and golfed in leagues, I even played soccer for 1 day back when I was like 5 years old, complained to my mom that it involved too much running and never played again, funny that a decade later everything I did revolved around my running career.

Tec: Who are your favorite all-time players?

Raidersfan: Darryl Strawberry (Baseball), Time Brown, Marcus Allen and Bo (Football), Dave Andreychuk (Hockey), Magic Johnson (Basketball)










Tec: What has been your favorite real-life sports experience or memory?

Raidersfan: My personal favorite experience was the first time I stepped onto the track at Penn Relays during College, the atmosphere of running in front of 50,000 people was just incredible and will remain with me forever. As a spectator my most memorable experience was watching the final game of Wayne Gretzky's career, I taped it with my parents VCR and was one of the only sports moments that brought me to tears knowing that one of the greatest athletes in the history of sports would no longer be playing and I wouldn't have the pleasure of seeing anymore of him.

Tec: What's been your most memorable non-sports experience in your life?

Raidersfan: Well since I am married aside from the wedding itself I will go with the honeymoon, but I will be a bit more specific so noone gets the wrong idea. One of the things that we did while there was go to Volcano National Park and go to walk through the heart of the Volcanoes. It was truly an incredible experience and we even got to experience a few minor earthquakes while we were doing so!

Tec: If you were an HBD player, what position would you play and what would your ratings be?

Raidersfan: I would probably be what I was when I played, a 2B or CF. I would bat leadoff and have a 70-80 contact rating and a 30ish power rating. I would have a high bunt, baserunning, speed rating. I actually had a guy in Fisk that reminded me a bit of what I thought I would look like as a HBD guy:


Thank you raidersfan for telling us a little about yourself, and good luck to you this season and onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment