Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mantle World Owner Interview - coachmoss

Welcome to our latest "Meet Your Fellow Owner" interviews of Mantle World owners.  Today, we chat with coachmoss, the owner of the Omaha Middle Americans franchise.  Coachmoss joined Mantle in season 26 and has just completed his rookie season in the world.  Most likely due to the permeation of potpourri around the team's front offices, left over from previous franchise owner hbdgirl, the Middle Americans struggled to a last place finish in the NL West.  Lets find out a little bit about him.

Tec: Tell us a little about yourself.

Coachmoss: I am a 32 year old Business and Computer Programming teacher at a southern New Jersey high school (close to Philadelphia). I also am Head Wrestling Coach where I work - how's that for an oxymoron? I'm divorced with a 7 year old daughter, but dating a pretty awesome girl (soon to be fiance) who is also divorced with a 5 year old son, so life is pretty good right now.

Tec: Outside of Hardball Dynasty, what are some of your other interests and hobbies?

Coachmoss: A lot of my free time is spent with the kids and coaching wrestling. I also sell sports cards, memorbilia and coins on eBay on the side.

Tec: Did you play any sports growing up?

Coachmoss: I played most everything growing up, but my main sports ended up being baseball and wrestling. Once I hit high school though baseball took a back seat because I saw I could use wrestling as a vehicle to get me through college and started training year round basically for that.

Tec: Who are your favorite all-time players?

Coachmoss: Cal Ripken, Jr. was always my favorite player growing up. Recently I enjoy watching Chase Utley because of his hard work ethic.

Tec: What has been your favorite real-life sports experience or memory?

Coachmoss: Being able to see both of my favorite teams in the playoffs recently (Phillies and Orioles) and also being there for the World Series celebration in 2008 for the Phillies was something I will never forget.

Tec: What's been your most memorable non-sports experience in your life?

Coachmoss: It's hard to top anything to do with the kids lately. My daughter recently graduated Kindergarten and started 1st grade. My soon to be step son also just started Kindergarten and wanted to sign up for wrestling, so being able to help and coach him is going to be really rewarding too.

Tec: If you were an HBD player, what position would you play and what would your ratings be?

Coachmoss: When I played baseball it was mostly 2B, so I'd be a 2B with high contact and speed, but low power. I don't think I ever hit a triple or homerun in my life, but could find holes pretty well and rarely struck out.

Thank you coachmoss for participating in our latest Mantle World Owner interview, and good luck to you going onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment