Thursday, November 22, 2012

Mantle World Owner Interview - frankum

Welcome to our latest "Meet Your Fellow Owner" interviews of Mantle World owners.  Today, we chat with frankum, the owner of the Louisville Pit Bulls franchise.  Frankum joined Mantle in season 24, taking over the former Monterrey Sugar Kings franchise which was a victim of the world's MWR requirement after finishing with a 49-113 record.  After two seasons of struggling with win totals in the low 70's, the Pit Bulls finally stepped up and took home the NL South division title in season 26 in a runaway  Lets find out a little bit about him.

Tec: Tell us a little about yourself.

Frankum: I'm 26 years old, married with no kids. Living in northern indiana and work as a product manager for an orthopedic device company. I started playing sim league baseball, then took a 3 year break and came back to play HBD.

Tec: Outside of Hardball Dynasty, what are some of your other interests and hobbies?

Frankum: Golf, slow pitch softball, fantasy football, really just sports in general.

Tec: Did you play any sports growing up?

Frankum: I played basketball, baseball and football growing up. In college I was actually a lifter on a cheerleading squad. Kinda wierd but the girls were hot.

Tec: Who are your favorite all-time players?

Frankum: I've always been a Yankees fan. Although I never saw them play, I grew up to stories from my grandpa about how amazing Mickey Mantle was. He'll always be a legend in my mind.






Tec: What has been your favorite real-life sports experience or memory?

Frankum: I've not been to many sporting events in person so I don't really have a cool on site experience. But in 2006 when the Colts won the Super Bowl. I was in college drinking with a bunch of Bears fans. I remember the Bears taking the opening kickoff for a touchdown and they were talking shit non stop. When we won a never let them hear the end.

Tec: What's been your most memorable non-sports experience in your life?

Frankum: I have two...my wedding day and the day we signed the contract to build our first house. I'm just a young fella.

Tec: If you were an HBD player, what position would you play and what would your ratings be?

Frankum: I would be a first baseman with an amazing glove, no range, no arm strength but accurate. Probably 25/50/25/60. Hitting I would have a solid batting eye, middle of t he road contact, line drive hitter with no power. 60/50/70/70/70. Solid bench guy. (in my dreams of course).

Thank you frankum for participating in our latest Mantle World Owner interview, and good luck to you going onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment